Dog Days of Summer

Is there anything sweeter than watching a dog play in the water? Especially when the setting is this beautiful?

Dog Days of Summer

Sam, checking it out.

Curecanti National Recreation Area is a place I can go back to over and over again. (And have.) Don’t miss it if you’re visiting Colorado.

Dog Days of Summer

Sam, going in. Note the adorable no-tail and butt dimples.

This is why I’m such an evangelist for the National Parks – these beautiful places are everywhere in the U.S. and deserve to be protected, so they can be enjoyed by beings of all kinds.

Dog Days of Summer

Sam, shaking off the water. (I’d kill for those muscular thighs. Maybe less fur, though.)

What places are special to you? Let us know in the comments.

This entry was posted in Travel and tagged , , , .

1. Emilie Vardaman July 2, 2014 at 9:37 am #

Sam was sure having a good time – and in a beautiful place.
    Emilie Vardaman recently posted…Surprise in the MesquiteMy Profile

• deonne July 2, 2014 at 11:15 am #

Emilie – Yes, he does love the water. And I love to watch him play in it!

2. Gypsy July 2, 2014 at 9:40 am #

My all-time favorite National Park is Great Smoky Mountains NP. Every season there is a delight.

• deonne July 2, 2014 at 11:16 am #

Gypsy – Love the Great Smoky Mountains. I was there for the first time last year, but would happily go back every season if I had the time.

3. Judie Ashford July 2, 2014 at 9:42 am #

Hi Deonne – I am receiving two of these each time – probably my fault. I was afraid to unsubscribe lest I be unsubscribed completely. I left a different comment on the other iteration.

Is it possible for you to delete just one?

Thank you.

Judie Ashford

• deonne July 2, 2014 at 11:18 am #

Judie – I checked and show you as only being subscribed once, under your earthlink address. Did this just start, or has it always been that way? Let me know and I can do some research.

4. Judie Ashford July 2, 2014 at 9:43 am #

I miss having a dog around all the time! ๐Ÿ™ Sam is just so precious.

Virtual hugs,

Judie

• deonne July 2, 2014 at 11:56 am #

Judie – Thanks for the kind words about Sam. Dogs really are the best companions, no offense to cat people, ha.

5. Shelley Abell July 2, 2014 at 10:51 am #

We ( my husband and I ) also LOVE our National Parks. Sam looks like he enjoys every place he goes!

• deonne July 2, 2014 at 11:57 am #

Shelley – We’re so lucky to live in a country that has so many beautiful places, aren’t we? Yes, Sam is a happy co-pilot.