Grand Canyon Flora

In the interest of not getting totally behind with posting photos – she says as she hits the road again and can’t do any photo processing – here are a few photos of Grand Canyon’s surprisingly diverse plant life.

Grand Canyon Flora

Love the orange and blues together in this one.

Grand Canyon Flora

And I almost like the buds more than the blooms on this cactus.

Grand Canyon Flora

…and the way the agave leaves catch the pebbles.

Grand Canyon Flora

Don’t ask how many shots I took of this Aspen leaf in Bright Angel Creek. I was obsessed with it.

Next up: my story of camping in Grand Canyon, what almost derailed the trip the night before I hiked in (spoiler alert: I’m a dork), and more photos, including some of the Colorado River.

This entry was posted in Travel and tagged , , .

1. Sherry in MT July 2, 2015 at 6:37 am #

I like the prickly pear buds too – I think it is the textures you captured in them. I’m glad I’m not the only one that is a freak about rocks and leaves in clear streams! LOL Can’t wait to hear about the camping trip and hope your current trip is going well.
    Sherry in MT recently posted…Sitting PrettyMy Profile

• deonne July 2, 2015 at 4:49 pm #

Sherry – We are freaks together, ha. I just landed in Van Nuys, CA (the Valley) and will do some shooting and see friends, then onto San Diego. Should be fun.

2. Ron Hagg July 2, 2015 at 7:37 am #

Love these photos. You wrote: “Aspen leaf in Bright Angel Creek. I was obsessed with it.” That is what makes great photographers. Ansel Adams would be at a spot for hours on end – waiting for that moment.
    Ron Hagg recently posted…HAGGMEDIAMy Profile

• deonne July 2, 2015 at 4:50 pm #

Ron – Thank you for the kind words! Obsession can be a good thing.

3. Manisha July 2, 2015 at 8:32 am #

Obsessing over a leaf in the water is a great way to wile away a few hours. Thank goodness we have access to digital cameras. This obsession wouldn’t have been affordable with film cameras. The colors in your photos are so vibrant!
    Manisha recently posted…The astonishing ends of JuneMy Profile

• deonne July 2, 2015 at 4:52 pm #

Manisha – It is a delightful way to spend time, isn’t it? You’re right about film vs. digital – I’d be broke, ha. That creek photo is vibrant because the sky was reflecting in it – and it was a gorgeous blue sky. 🙂