So Okay, Beaches Are Pretty Great

Despite the fact that I grew up on beaches in San Diego, they don’t generally draw me in these days. I’m not that person who, when dreaming of travel, immediately pictures sand and surf.

But. When you’re in California, like I am, you have to go to the beach. It’s like not going to the French Quarter when you’re in New Orleans – it may seem too obvious, but once you’re there you’re so happy.

Here are a few different takes on the beaches in Santa Monica and, I have to admit, I had a great time hanging out there.

So Okay, Beaches Are Pretty Great

The day started out dark and moody.

So Okay, Beaches Are Pretty Great

Then it got a little brighter. (Note the stern General Seagull in the left corner. He was staking out his turf.)

So Okay, Beaches Are Pretty Great

Another way of staking out your turf.

This entry was posted in Travel and tagged , .

1. Susi August 17, 2015 at 4:33 pm #

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, the umbrellas! Wonderful photo!

2. Susan Embry August 17, 2015 at 4:42 pm #

Love Santa Monica beaches too! Plan to be there for a family Christmas this year. My nephew coaches a surfing team there. You’ve seen his son Calvin on my FB posts. You got some great mood shots.

• deonne August 18, 2015 at 1:17 pm #

Susan – thank you! Santa Monica for Christmas sounds great, and that Calvin is the cutest. ?

3. Susan Carpenter Sims August 17, 2015 at 4:49 pm #

Jealous.
    Susan Carpenter Sims recently posted…Update on the Indiegogo campaignMy Profile

4. Manisha August 18, 2015 at 8:24 am #

When we visited Jamaica we never made it to the beach. We were in Port Antonio so there were lots of other things to do including riding the Rio Grande to the sea on a banana boat so I get what you are saying. Yet I’m so glad you went to the beach because that orange umbrella shot is awesome!!!
    Manisha recently posted…flower leaf feather mushroomMy Profile

• deonne August 18, 2015 at 1:18 pm #

Manisha – yes! You understand. But I agree, it was worth it for that umbrella shot. ?

5. Sherry in MT August 18, 2015 at 12:57 pm #

I don’t go for “beaches” but do go for the water. Love the second shot with the seagull and surfer but then I likes the lines in the last one too. Sounds like things are going well!
    Sherry in MT recently posted…ThistleMy Profile

• deonne August 18, 2015 at 1:20 pm #

Sherry – so far so good! Leaving sequoia national park because it’s way too smoky and hot. But a gorgeous place regardless. More about that later. ?