Moab and Canyonlands

Evocative names for an evocative landscape, don’t you think?

This is the last post (at least for now) about this gorgeous Southern Utah landscape. Sigh. So much to love about it.

I’m guessing you’ve heard of Moab – it’s famous for hiking, biking, and brews. I experienced at least one of those when I was there with Sam – you guess which – and it’s well worth a visit, especially since it’s also the gateway to Canyonlands National Park, which we’ll get to in a second.

Moab and Canyonlands

The Colorado River runs through Moab.

Moab and Canyonlands  Moab and Canyonlands

The stairs up from the beach on the Colorado.

Moab and Canyonlands  Moab and Canyonlands  Moab and Canyonlands

Those crazy rock formations are everywhere. (Cue the Freud jokes.)

So, Canyonlands. The name is majestic, and I kept thinking it would make a great title for a novel or a movie. (It probably already is, but I haven’t Googled it. I only have so much time, Internet.)

Seriously.

A different take on it.

Those colors!

A shadow selfie with bonus Sam.

Different than the hoodoos at Bryce, but equally interesting.

Moab and Canyonlands  Moab and Canyonlands  Moab and Canyonlands  Moab and Canyonlands  Moab and Canyonlands  Moab and Canyonlands  Moab and Canyonlands  Moab and Canyonlands  Moab and Canyonlands

One last shot. Ahhh.

Next, for some visual whiplash: New York City.

This entry was posted in Travel and tagged , , , .

1. kevin J Allison August 22, 2016 at 9:21 am #

Shadow selfie is my favorite. The division is wonderfulness.

• deonne August 22, 2016 at 9:27 am #

Thanks so much, Kevin.

2. Susan Carpenter Sims August 22, 2016 at 11:02 am #

1) “Evocative” is such a great word.
    2) I once kamped at the Moab KOA. Best one I’ve ever been to.
    3) Gorgeous photos as always. Second to last is my favorite with its storm-brewy movement.
    Susan Carpenter Sims recently posted…The Ceremony is the Heart of a WeddingMy Profile

• deonne August 22, 2016 at 2:22 pm #

Susan – I love that word, too. Perfectly descriptive. I think I saw the Moab KOA and it looked pretty sweet. (We were at the La Quinta while Sadie was getting new tires and some axle work done.) And I love those clouds, too. Blue skies are nice, but nothing beats a moody image in my book. πŸ™‚

3. Ron Hagg August 22, 2016 at 12:04 pm #

very beautiful place – very beautiful photos. Like the “bonus” Sam.

• deonne August 22, 2016 at 2:22 pm #

Ron – Thank you! I’m guessing you have many beautiful images of Southern Utah, as well.

4. Manisha August 22, 2016 at 4:05 pm #

I’ve been on that road that is in photo #4. Your photos are so beautiful and colorful. They make me want to be back in Moab today, right now!
    Manisha recently posted…blueMy Profile

• deonne August 22, 2016 at 4:56 pm #

Manisha – I know you love Moab! I totally thought of you while we were there. Get out there! πŸ™‚

5. Michelle Wing August 22, 2016 at 4:15 pm #

The brilliant blue sky, next to those colors – wow. And the brooding clouds in other shots. How can you not fall in love? Thanks again for sharing these shots, Deonne. And Sam to boot!

• deonne August 22, 2016 at 4:56 pm #

Michelle – You’re so kind, thank you. And Sam would give you a big kiss if you were here. πŸ™‚

6. Sherry in MT August 23, 2016 at 12:23 pm #

Holy cow these are fabulous. Love to see Sam of course but I really love the colors and textures in all of them. The stairs was a great composition lost on many that walk them I am sure!
    Sherry in MT recently posted…Bitterroot Valley ScenesMy Profile

• deonne August 24, 2016 at 7:28 am #

Sherry – I’m so glad you like them! And I was happy with that stairs shot, so I’m also glad you noticed. πŸ™‚

7. Shelley Abell August 31, 2016 at 3:05 pm #

Loved the Photos as always. White Rim is my Favorite, I think because I could sit in that place and look at it all day! Draws me back!

• deonne August 31, 2016 at 5:47 pm #

Thanks so much, Shelley! Glad I could take you back there – such a beautiful place.