Ferrying from Belfast to Scotland

I live in a landlocked state, so I take boats whenever I can.

There might be nothing more serene than moving through open water with no land in sight. And if you want to get to Scotland from Northern Ireland, the best way is by ferry.

It’s about a two-hour ride, and there isn’t much to do except walk around the deck and watch the sea. Which, after a jam-packed week in Ireland, I was happy to do.

Ferrying from Belfast to Scotland

The big activity on a ferry. We left from Belfast.

Ferrying from Belfast to Scotland

Even the cars watch the water.

Ferrying from Belfast to Scotland

You know by now that I’m a little obsessed with leading lines.

Ferrying from Belfast to Scotland

Superfast! (And Mom.)

Ferrying from Belfast to Scotland

Ahhh.

Ferrying from Belfast to Scotland

Then, there was Scotland.

Ferrying from Belfast to Scotland

Churning water – gorgeous color, texture, and pattern.

Ferrying from Belfast to Scotland

Bonus for my favorite color combo: blue and green.

More next week.

This entry was posted in Travel and tagged , , .

1. Sherry in MT March 28, 2017 at 3:48 pm #

Funn to see and I love the pattern in that last shot.

• deonne March 28, 2017 at 4:37 pm #

Sherry – Me too. I had a bunch of other water photos but thought I’d spare you all. 🙂

2. Emilie Vardaman March 30, 2017 at 8:10 am #

What a lovely ferry ride! I have taken one from the North Carolina mainland to the south end of the Outer Banks. Serene.
    Emilie Vardaman recently posted…Mazatlán – the Photos.My Profile

• deonne March 30, 2017 at 9:04 am #

Emilie – I think I remember seeing your photos! It really is the best way to travel.

3. Lynda March 30, 2017 at 11:38 am #

Oh boy oh girl a fairy ride~~~~they are fabulous aren’t they~~~~one i loved was in galveston tx going to boliver island and the dolphins swim and jump after us!!!!
    I too love blue especially turquoise and green together and alone~~~~the blue ahhhh Photo is my fav~~~~and the Scotland photo just reminded me of when I, in the spur of the moment, had to decide if I should jump on the ferry going to the outer hebrides for the weekend and not come back until Monday to pick ME up! yikes yet i took the leap and it turned out so incredible~ YAY!!!!
    Thanks for bringing back the 37 yrs ago memory for me****£¥NDA