Have you hit your tipping point yet?

Most of the time your brain is ready for big change before your heart is.

For example: maybe you’ve got a job that pays the bills, you get along with your boss and colleagues, and the work is pleasant. It’s not going anywhere, but it’s not bad, right? Isn’t that all you can hope for?

But every Sunday night you feel let down. The weekend is over, when you were doing the important work of your life – creative projects, volunteering at the animal shelter, or puttering in the garden.

You wonder, why can’t someone pay me to do that?

Shouldn’t your time – which is the only thing you really have – be spent doing something that feeds your heart and soul? At least most of the time, and not just crammed into a blink-and-it’s-over window?

Have you hit your tipping point yet?  That’s a great question that we’ll tackle in more depth later on, but there’s a step that has to happen before you consider finding that new fulfilling job, or hitting the road and telecommuting, or creating whatever fabulous dream you have for your life. Which maybe involves animals or gardens. 🙂

You need to shift from feeling comfortable but stagnant, to feeling challenged and alive and using your gifts to create the life you were born to live.

You need to hit the tipping point where the pain of staying where you’re at becomes greater than the pain (or fear) of stepping out into something new. The point where you’re ready to leave what you know and head out into the wide world to find your true path.

It might seem dramatic, but I stand by this word: destiny. The tipping point is about moving from stasis to destiny. And you only have this one life to do it.

Your brain understands this – you know you were meant for more – but your heart needs to know it too. That’s when the tipping point happens, when you feel deep down that you’re tired of just getting by, and that’s when you take the first step toward the life you were born for. Then you’re on your way to the joyful, impactful existence you and the world need.

There’s no reason to be afraid, because you can do this. You have everything you need to get started, right where you are: brains, talent, and strength. I’m here to help, so if you have any thoughts, I’d (we’d!) love to hear them in the comments.

This entry was posted in Follow Your Bliss and tagged , .

1. Juanita Rowe April 20, 2017 at 9:40 am #

I appreciate these thoughts and concepts. I believe our spirit, soul, snd body are seeking a congruence and the process can bring us to the tipping point you described so beautifully.

• deonne April 20, 2017 at 10:02 am #

Juanita – Love the congruence idea! I totally agree, and it’s just a matter of helping the process to unfold so we can get to the core of what we’re here to do. Thank you for the comment.

2. Emilie Vardaman April 20, 2017 at 11:20 am #

This happened in my work, but I was so-o-o-o close to retirement! I just couldn’t make myself walk away from it all. But I did leave a year early. What prompted me was this:
    I was in the local grocery store and in line behind a former coworker. She was tugging her oxygen along behind her. In an instant, I realized I had to leave while I was still healthy. I started my paperwork the next day. Happy ever since!
    Emilie Vardaman recently posted…The Prime SuspectMy Profile

• deonne April 20, 2017 at 1:56 pm #

Emilie – Great story, and that’s quite a visual on what you were avoiding! 🙂 So happy for you.

3. Lynda April 20, 2017 at 2:11 pm #

Yes i feel my heart is right at the edge of the seesaw and its ALMOST, ABOUT TO,
    Tippppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppi
    Yet there’s that lil bit still hanging on for dear life saying, thinking, AAAAAAAAAAAhelp!!!!
    So what do I do now????
    It seems ive been hanging on the end for 3 years now….

• deonne April 20, 2017 at 3:44 pm #

Lynda – Without knowing exactly what you want to move from and to, I’d recommend just taking a small step in the direction you want to go. Is there something you could do that isn’t terribly scary, like contacting a friend or acquaintance who’s doing what you want to do and asking them some questions, or researching free or cheap resources that would get you on track? Taking small actions on a regular basis will eventually add up to big change – it’s really the only thing that works. Plus, doing so reminds you that you’re smart and capable, and it just plain feels good to do something positive for yourself. 🙂

4. Lynda April 20, 2017 at 3:40 pm #

With a big deep sigh
    Release
    Let Go
    Jump
    Yikessssss

• deonne April 20, 2017 at 4:04 pm #

Lynda – Maybe not a jump right now, but a little step forward would be easier. 🙂

5. Lynda April 20, 2017 at 4:21 pm #