California Dreaming

We’re getting lots of snow in Taos, which is a good thing, but I thought these images of Ocean Beach (San Diego, CA) from last year might help. You know, if you’re complaining about the cold, just a little. (Though now that I look at them again, they don’t make me feel particularly warm. But still, surfers and beach dogs and interesting patterns always make me happy, and I hope they do you too.)

California Dreaming

Sam was doing his best to persuade his new friend to give up the ball.

California Dreaming

A lot of fetch gets played at Dog Beach.

California Dreaming

Gorgeous patterns in the sand.

California Dreaming

Mother Nature’s artistry at its best.

This entry was posted in Travel and tagged , , , , .

1. Deborah Dash December 15, 2015 at 8:20 am #

I’m reminded that Mel Torme and Bob Wells wrote “The Christmas Song (Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire)” in the heat of summer. They figured if they wrote a song about wintertime, maybe it would help them cool off. I don’t know if it worked, but it made them a lot of money!

• deonne December 15, 2015 at 8:25 am #

Deborah – What a great story, I hadn’t heard it! Thanks for the comment.

2. Manisha December 15, 2015 at 9:21 am #

Snow? Yes, It has finally sunk into me that you get snow in Taos. But guess what? No snow here in MInneapolis! Am I jealous? Yes, a little bit. But I’m not complaining. Love the photos, Deonne!
    Manisha recently posted…Are you seeing this?My Profile

• deonne December 16, 2015 at 8:39 am #

Manisha – We do get snow in Taos! It’s at 7000 feet, high desert, so we definitely have four seasons. Which is why I love living there – four seasons, but none of them brutal like, ahem, Minnesota can get. πŸ™‚

3. Sherry in MT December 17, 2015 at 10:18 am #

Awww Sam you little social butterfly you! Love the shots although I’m the sicko that loves seeing the snow! White Christmas here and I’m happy! πŸ˜‰
    Sherry in MT recently posted…Reading and ApplyingMy Profile

• deonne December 18, 2015 at 9:27 am #

Sherry – He does love to play with his fellow canines. I love the snow, too! Heading back to Taos today so I’m sure I can share some of that soon. πŸ™‚